There are a lot of myths about how to get stronger abs like you need to do hundreds of sit ups a day or you need to drastically restrict calories. To be honest you can easily get stronger abs without having to do any crazy techniques like those.
1) Replace basic floor crunches with reverse crunches.
Do these by laying on the floor with your legs up in the air and your knees bent at 90 degrees. Then bring your knees to your chest and back without any help from your hands. These are very effective because they do not strain you back and they target your lower abs. Not to mention they do not involve any equipment.
2) Eat the right foods.
Avoid junk food most of the time. Eat healthy natural foods like lean meats, beans, nuts, fruits, and vegetables. Here are some great examples..
(1) Natural Peanut Butter
(9) Whole Eggs
(10) Cottage Cheese
3) Eat 5-6 small meals a day. By filling up on healthy foods every 3 hours you will lose belly fat and feel more energized for your ab workouts. This will also keep you from getting hungry and wanting to pig out on junk food.
4) Have junk food about 10% of the time. As long as you eat clean the other 90% of the time you can have about 3 cheat meals a week. This actually promotes fat loss around your belly. Make sure to have them no bigger than your usual meals.
5) Get stronger. Do not just do ab exercises. If you really want to get stronger abs and burn loads of calories then do compound exercises like squats, lunges, rows, and chest presses. These are the kinds of exercises you should do to burn fat all over and build muscle.
6) Then do ab exercises. Ab exercises like the reverse crunch should be done after you have done compound exercises. Another great ab exercise is hanging leg raises because these really target your lower abs well.
7) Drink water. Drink at least 8 glasses a day to really lose belly fat and reveal your six pack abs. For every cup you drink you burn an extra 8 calories from pure fat. Green tea is also a great substitution for juice and soda.
8) Cut back on alcohol. Like I said just drink water and any no-calorie drink. What you drink is just as important as what you eat.
You can stay Strong Forever regardless of age. Did you know that our body mass decreases by 6% - 10% with each decade after the age 30? By age 70, we only have approximately 50% of our body strength left.